Swedish Meatballs (Köttbullar)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cold, boiled medium sized potatoes or ¼ cup breadcrumbs 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup water
- Butter or margarine for frying
- Mash the potatoes finely until there are no more lumps.
- Mix all the ingredients, preferably by hand.
- Do not over mix.
- You can test for the seasoning by frying a small piece.
- Use about 1 tablespoon of the mixture for each meatball and roll it into a ball by hand.
- This is easier if you rinse your hands in cold water when the mixture starts to stick to your hands.
- Fry meatballs in butter on high heat, rotating until done, about 5 minutes.
- They also can be put on a baking sheet and baked in a 475-500 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs.